Saturday, June 30, 2007

Standard Room

I was at Shangri-la Makati yesterday for the send-off/slumber party of my former colleague in Quorum. Che is going to try her luck in Israel, we all wished her bon voyage but more than anything else we also prayed for her safety once she is already in this unstable country. Quite a number of my former colleagues in this IT company are already scattered around the globe in pursuit of better living condition. Some are in Europe, Middle East, but most are in the US. I hope that they are all in good health and doing well in their new endeavors.

Anyways, I had lots of fun. It is always great to get in touch with friends and former colleagues. This particular group that I had party with are from the "Archive Dept." It also helped to make it more memorable that the venue for this get together is the posh Shangri-la Hotel in Makati. I now rarely step inside the 5 star hotels of this archipelago, unlike before or some 4 years ago when I was still connected with Quorum. I was then usually the one tasked by my superior to the guest relations assignments for our counterparts from the US. The task usually involves touring the guests in and out of the metropolis, dining with them, and doing activities even as mundane as taking a dip in the hotel pool. Our guests are always billeted in EDSA Shangri-la and I had the opportunity of soaking up on all the amenities the hotel provides from having daily breakfast at the cafe to having a chauffeur driven car take me home.

The slumber/send-off party was held in a "standard room" which is quite impressive in size. The room has a bed that can accomodate 7 people, it has a shower and tub, pretty decent bar, and a nice view of the Makati Shopping Center. The party started around 630 pm and ended in the following morning. Shalom ;-)









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home