Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Moooooooooo

I went toTrinoma to buy a pair of pants that I will use for my best friend's wedding. I was really making the rounds of all the shops selling men's clothes in search of a pair of black pants at a very very low price. It took me almost 2 hours to find a pair that will fit my large waistline and my small budget. That's how difficult shopping for a simple pair of pants is when you are as poor as a rat. Anyway, I ended up buying a 65% Polyester and 35% Rayon pants from Arrow for two thousand bucks. The whole enterprise left me with an aching feet, grumbling tummy, and depleted wallet.

A couple of days ago I received an overseas call from my friend Tuding of Texas and she was excited about some blog/review of a restaurant in Trinoma. I do remember this restaurant because everytime I go to Trinoma somebody would hand me a flyer of this resto. The name of the restaurant is Five Cows (Resto and Ice Cream Bar) it is located at the same level where the cinemas are. Since I am already in the same neighborhood (so to speak) I decided to give it a try. The place is really nice....it has a quaint comfy country feel.... the walls are painted white... the lighting of the place makes it aglow.... warm and cozy.

I immediately placed my order and after a couple of minutes they dimmed the whole place and they started chanting/singing.... and then they set a cake on flame at the table of two ladies next to mine...whoaaaa... after the commotion... I asked the waiter the name of the white puffy cake they served flambe... it was Flaming Alaska.... now I tell myself I will definitely go back to this place even just for that :-)

For starters I decided to have their Five Cows' Asian Salad. It has a very generous strips of crab meat and they also included what appears to me as nori cut into strips... the lettuce were crispy..and the salad was sumptous... actually the salad alone immediately made me feel full.

Good thing I opted to have a Primavera Panini as my main course because I wont be able to have any room for my dessert if I had some pasta. They serve the panini with some chips and garlic mayo dip. Halfway with my panini I exerted effort to pace myself... I dont want to be too full and not be able to apreciate my dessert.



I had Blueberry Rumble ice cream for dessert...and it tasted great... I can't wait to try the other flavors...concoctions they have... there's even one named Monkey Business..now after the Flaming Alaska thing... can you blame me for wanting to try this one too.... They also have almost a dozen variations of ice cream cakes... I haven't tried ice cream cakes for decades... I'll definitely go back to Five Cows. Moooooooooooo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home