Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Squid and the Whale


It's already 1am and I still cant sleep hence I decided to watch The Squid and the Whale. True enough from the reviews I've heard and read the movie is very good. The lead actors were superb, Laura Linney and especially Jeff Daniels essayed their roles excellently. The movie is based on the childhood experiences of the writer/director of the movie Noah Baumbach. I always enjoy watching movies that shows glimpses of the life of ordinary people. This movie shows the struggle of the two kids after their parents decided to separate. It is funny how the two kids were reduced to somewhat like mere properties of the two parents to be shared. I also liked the use of language in this movie...simple, believable, raw, straightforward. The movie showed tough situations when families are broken by divorce. The movie has a lot of sarcastic funny moments too. I feel richer after watching this flick.... another bout with insomnia not fully wasted!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home