Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Loot of the week!

Wupey! I got myself a copy of Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner for a measly amount of forty bucks..... ahuh!!! that's like more than 10 times cheaper than the usual price found at the bookstores in the metropolis. As usual I found my copy at my all time favorite store.... Booksale!

I don't mind if the book's cover is torn and have lots of creases, stain, and what not.... I think of it as something like the book have acquired some character :-) Well almost half of my books came from Booksale so they all have some value added character in them.... Sometimes I even have books with notations at the pages and it tells something about the previous owner. I also look at it sometimes in a quirky romantic angle..... like..... you know..... because most of the time these books have changed owners, been from other countries, have either gathered dust for so many years or have been read by so many people and in the end the book and I found each other's company....harharhar....

Anyways..... I am excited and can't wait to start reading this book... I hope I wont cry a river....like how Butch described the effect of this book to him... well... will see....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, ang mura! congrats! make sure na walang missing page ha...

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pards, I read it already hindi naman ako naiyak pero nakakalungkot..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home