Sunday, September 09, 2007

Chinese Food

We went to church early today and attended the 11:15 am service. I noticed that there were more people compared with the 5pm service. Anyways the theme for this month is "Heroes" and the bible hero was the lady who helped Joshua and friend in their scheme to capture Jericho? I'll get back at this post and verify if I got it right and hoping that no UP-VCF people is reading this....har har har


The service ended around 1pm and my dear brother decided that we just have lunch at the farflung MoA. He is also probably sick to the idea of going to Trinoma this time as what to we have been doing for the past decades (figure of speech folks). Anyways since it is Sunday there is not much traffic in the metropolis and we were able to reach MoA in less than an hour. And dont worry my family is big on late breakfast close to brunch actually hence late lunch is not as "gut wrenching" as it seems.


Anyways we decided to have lunch at Mann Hann...... we have not been to a chinese resto for a couple of months already. We almost gave up on the idea when we saw the long line of people waiting to be ushered to their table. However our laziness to find another resto paid off because after a couple of minutes we were already seated. And to add another bonus I bumped into some of my former colleagues from Quorum.... they were celebrating because one of them passed the recent nursing board exam.

Anyways we already placed our orders while we were waiting to be seated hence food were almost immediately served when we were seated. The first plate to be served is the Spicy Squid. I am not a big fan of squids mainly because most restaurants are not able to cook it without turning it into like rubber. However this one is not that tough but not spicy either. This is the only plate served with lots of left over.




The next plate that was served was the steamed fish with garlic... this particular dish was my suggestion. I forgot to ask the waiter though what kind of fish it was? In my little experience in dining out steamed fish with garlic always taste good and they all somehow taste the same..... I have yet to taste something with a different punch.



Another all time favorite is the broccoli with garlic in oyster sauce,
my only complaint with this one is that some of the stem is quite tough... it should have been steamed or cooked longer to make it more tender.



The fourth food to arrive at the table is the soup... which in my opiniom should have been served earlier. The soup we ordered is Ho To Tai ... I dunno if I messed up the spelling yet again, but that is how it is pronounced :-) It was piping hot and tasted great.... and I loved the various ingredients of veggies, egg, tofu, mushrooms and taste and aroma that it gives.




The next items that were served was Lechong Kawali and Fried Chicken.... I have no big expectations with these two entrees and true enough it tasted without much difference from the other resto that I have gone to. It tasted good but nothing great either.




The last to be served and rather extremely belatedly was the Shrimp Tempura, this too is my suggestion in exchange to my original order of Fried Scallops, they run out of scallops or something. The shrimp is quite big... I dunno if it should be called prawns because it was quite big and still succulent even though it was fried.


We also ordered for two big platters of chinese fried rice..... the fried rice is flavorful... however I find it extremely greasy.... makes me pray for my dear old arteries for every spoonful of rice I shove in my mouth.



Overall I was a bit disappointed with my Mann Hann lunch.... I used to remember how worth the wait to be seated was once you started eating in this resto.... that was in Megamall though. I dont know if it is because the crowd was so big that they somehow sometimes slip on the quality... We were in Mall of Asia afterall... the biggest mall in the land. I'll try to eat there again but not when the crowd is big.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home