Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Know Who Killed Me

Alma, Cat, and I met at Greenbelt 1 primarily to buy tickets for Avenue Q. I was the last to arrive and saw the two munching fried squid and fried dumplings at Tokyo Tokyo. Since the two girls were already comfy seated we decided to just have lunch there, anyway it's been quite sometime since the last time I dined at Tokyo Tokyo. After I finished my Chicken Tonkatsu lunch I realized why I never bothered for a very long time to eat at Tokyo Tokyo.... For starters I ordered for a big plate.... well the plate I had was not big at all... and the chicken tasted like cardboard... I dunno if it is just because my taste bud improved or the food at Tokyo Tokyo deteriorated....


I am a very in touch with my jologs upbringing and not really difficult to please... I love eating kwek kwek and could be very satisfied with a bag of Lapid's Chicharon, vinegar dip with lots and lots of garlic and chili, and cold rice. I just want value for my Tita Leonie's hard earned money! I used to love eating at Tokyo Tokyo especially in the late 80's when the sole branch was in Makati Shopping Center now Gloryeeeetaah. I still remember my very first Tokyo Tokyo meal... Beef Misono... back then I was not as deft as I am now using chopsticks.... my very first Beef Misono was really good ....meat was ever so tender almost melts in my mouth... and the serving was enormous and it fills my hefty teenage appetite. Times like this you really wished there is no such thing as franchising.... it ruins everything.


After my not so nice lunch and loads of talks with Cat with her honeymoon details at Bora and if she's pregnant already or what.... bugging her to no end... We decided to go to Ticketworld for the golden Avenue Q tickets.... yesterday Alma made an inquiry and she learned that the only available left were the 1,200++ bucks tickets. Although the tickets were a bit pricey at least for a poor bloke like me I still blindly decided to buy them precious tickets. The reviews were very good and also the last musical that I saw was eons and eons of years ago..... RENT. Unfortunately when we approached the Ticketworld booth the clerk told us that there were no more tickets available for next weekend's run.... our only last hope now is that they would extend their run. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed:-)



Part of our plan was to watch a movie, hence we proceeded to Greenbelt 3. Alma suggested that we watch the Lindsay Lohan flick I Know Who Killed Me and I suggested that we should watch the Jodie Foster starrer The Brave One instead. Alma won and we bought tickets for IKWKM, somehow I feel like it is not going to be money well spent. The movie's opening scene saw Lohan pole dancing, which turns out to be an imaginary character of a budding teenage writer Aubrey Fleming (also Lohan).... There's a serial killer on the loose and after a few scenes Aubrey was missing and presumed abducted by the serial killer... the story goes on.. and very predictable. It was so predictable that halfway through Alma guessed who is the serial killer and Cat knew the supposed twist that the movie is yet to reveal....
At the very first few minutes I was kinda expecting the movie to self destruct and burst to oblivion .... but the pain of watching this movie lasts for 105 minutes. The screenplay was unbelievably full of loopholes and cliches. And wow... man... the director Chris Sivertson is like trying to do a David Lynch but not creepy enough to be one... And Lindsay Lohan... why is there so much buzz about this girl... her acting sucks...
Unbelievable as it seems ..... lunch was a big dud..... the tickets were a big disappointment...and the movie was a huge disaster.... I still had a great time. Lessons learned.... franchising spells disaster.... never procastinate.... never ever watch a Lindsay Lohan flick... and it is always the people you are with that matters regardless of the place and situation that makes life enjoyable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home