Monday, September 18, 2006

Meryl, Woody, and a Monster

The past month I was able to see six movies. Out of the six movies I enjoyed at least half of it and would strongly recommend that you guys go out and catch these flicks. The first movie on my list is The Devil Wears Prada. As you all may have already know by now this is the movie adaptation of the book of the same title that is based on the life of a person working under VOGUE’s Anna Wintour. I haven’t read the book and is not that interested with it because from what I have read it is not much of a literary find. However, be that as it may when the movie was released some three weeks ago here in Manila I immediately made sure that I would catch the first day screening. I am a huge fan of Meryl Streep and subscribe to the accolade that she is the greatest actress of our generation. And true enough with the reviews I’ve read Meryl’s performance was more than impressive. I definitely think that Meryl deserves an Oscar nomination even though it is still very early and most Oscar bait films are usually released in November and December. Anne Hathaway is also commendable and I think she is more than adequate in this movie, I think she held her own against Meryl.


The next movie I saw and had fun watching was the Monster House. This movie reminds me of my childhood days when I usually believe all the urban legends of my neighborhood. The lead characters in this movie are all adorable. It is amazing how different animation have become since my childhood.

My third favorite movie of the month is Scoop. This is a classic Woody Allen movie. I kept on laughing out loud inside the SM city cinema when I was watching this flick. I can really hear myself out loud because the cinema is almost empty save for some ten souls. This movie received mixed reviews, but if you are a huge Woody Allen fan you’ll definitely enjoy this flick.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home