Sunday, September 23, 2007

Elliott Yamin Live

I am a huge fan of the TV show American Idol. I enjoy watching the show from the very crazy audition process up to the grand finals night. I never fail to watch a single episode. Last season 5 my favorite contestant was Elliott Yamin... I was floored when I heard his rendition of Moody's Mood for Love at AI and immediately became a big fan. I also liked his very humble demeanor... and later I learned more facts about him such as he is nearly deaf in his right ear, he has type 1 diabetes, he had no formal voice training, he is very close to his mom.... that made me more interested in him as a person and a performer. I was extremely disappointed when he was eliminated at AI and did not make it to the finals... his voice in my opinion is far superior than the other two finalist. I just have to console myself and hoped that he will have a recording deal. I even promised myself that I will definitely buy his CD.


When I learned that Ayala malls is going to bring him here in the Philippines I really hoped that I will be able to see him perform in person. I later learned from my friend Alma that tickets are limited and we need a ton of luck to have one. I was already feeling bad about the fact that we missed to secure tickets for the Avenue Q musical a few days ago and now it seems that I'll be missing Elliott's gig as well. My original plan was to watch his show in Trinoma but I missed it. Around past 12 noon and am just lounging at home after having lunch I received a txt message from Alma "You still wanna see Elliott? Meet me at exactly 550pm at mcdo Glorietta. I have an extra ticket . We have to be there by 6pm . Seats will be given to others if we are late." I jumped out of our couch and immediately headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I came around 545pm but Alma was nowhere in sight.....there were already alot of people lining up to be seated. I was so worried that we'll lose our seat....around 630pm Alma finally came.

We were seated at the 5th row right of the middle and it gave us a good view of the stage. The Glorietta crowd was a really great audience... they cheered, screamed, stomped their feet, and even sang along with Elliott. Elliott sounds much much better live in person. I've got goosebumps all over with how awesome he sings his songs. He was also profusely sweating despite the pretty cool AC at Gloriettea... must be the heat from the spotlight. However this did not matter a single bit with the way he performed on stage.... he sings like Yamin it :-) sorry.... I can't help myself. Elliott performed for more than 45 minutes.....



Elliot sang around seven songs and one of my favorite was his rendition of "I'm the Man'. I recorded and even posted it in my youtube account....


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home