Friday, February 16, 2007

Green Tea

My gym buddy Peter arrived two days ago from his Xiamen, China trip. He missed going to the gym for almost 2 weeks because of this trip. Yesterday he texted me and asked me to join him at the gym. I came around 6 pm and according to the log book Peter came 15 minutes earlier. I immediately headed to the locker room and before I know it Peter was already behind me. He gave me a packet/bag full of what appears to be tea bags. At a glance I noticed the words Almond and green tea written at the label. I stuffed it inside my bag and assumed that it is an almond flavored green tea. Peter and I worked the treadmill, lifted weights and did crunches like there is no tomorrow. In between gasps for air Peter shared his experiences on his latest trip to China. He marveled at the pace of progress and development China is undergoing. After 2 hours we left the gym and parted.


When I reached home. I immediately took out the booty Peter gave me. I was pretty anxious to taste an almond flavored green tea. When I opened the plastic bag I was kinda bewildered with the "tea bags". To my surprise and upon closer scrutiny the bag did not contain tea bags. The little square things were wrappers that contains to what appears like thin biscuits. And the label actually reads "Almond Snacks (Green Tea Flavor) ". The thin biscuits tastes good and light, you will definitely feel the texture and taste of almonds immediately. However you will not miss the subtle aftertaste of green tea as well. The ingredients were Almond granules, Egg, Sugar, Flour, Maltose, Butter, and Steamed Green Tea. This is something very new to me and another thing I will definitely asks my friends to buy if they happen to visit China :-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Blogger leila_bondoc said...

yeah. a photo would be good. ;-) malay mo i could bring you pasalubong pag tinopak ako. hehehe.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Okidok, request granted, picture uploaded... did i ever mentioned that you are my favorite half :-)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger leila_bondoc said...

thanks. but no, you appear NOT to have the intention of letting me know (if, in fact, that is true).
may pasalubong ka pa rin kahit di mo ko favorite. hahahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home