Saturday, September 29, 2007

Too Cute For My Comfort

Here's the story... yesterday I heard the phone ring...picked it up...and on the other end of the line... a familiar voice started... Hey! You told me you are not busy this week... how come you are not answering my calls!!!!.... I muttered uh-huh...!@!##$$%%&.... then she said Oh my God I sound like a nagging housewife .... I muttered again uh-huh.... Then she went on...lets meet later and go to a special screening of "No Reservations" at Greenbelt 3....I have already informed Cathy.... then I said OK... end of the phone conversation. It was Joan :-)

We met around 630pm in Greenbelt.... According to Joan there will be cocktails around 7pm prior to the start of the screening..... she suggested that we just grab a bite first before we head to the bar where the cocktails will be served. We decided to go to a nearby restaurant.... Cafe Bola... For appetizers Joan ordered for toasted bread with puso ng saging dip....it tasted great.



Cathy opted for a spaghetti with carbonara sauce....it was sprinkled with lots of crispy bacon bits. The sauce was creamy and flavorful....

On the menu I saw that they have entrees indicated as health friendly food... so being a health buff that I am... really I am... I chose the pasta in olive oil and basil... and wow dude it may be a healthy concoction but it tasted so bland I ended up eating the food of the two girls :-)

Joan ordered for the very sinful spaghetti with aligue sauce... dunno why... maybe to strike a balance... they sprinkled it with some asparagus bits... and it tasted soooooo good. I finished half of the plate...the other half went to Joan :-)

Quarter to eight in the evening we finished our dinner and headed to the new Tropezze Bar (formerly Tavern) for some cocktail drinks. Upon entering the bar we realized that we should have gone there straight instead of dining at another restaurant. Caltex the host of the event was giving out prizes...there was a raffle promo... and since almost an hour have passed since the start of the cocktails our chances of winning anything is slimmer. Another thing is they were serving food... not just hors d’œuvre and drinks... but real honest to goodness mouth watering and chow down to your delight kind of food!!!! Joan's contact person was so accomodating... immediately ushered us to the VIP lounge and offered lots of food to be delivered to our table. But since we were already filled to our stomach's brim with the pasta we had earlier... we have to decline and just ask for drinks. Joan asked for a San Mig Light, Cat for mineral water, and I for an Iced Tea. Within a few seconds our lady host arrived with two waiters with our drinks and two huge platters of Crispy Kangkong and Calamares.

Our lady host keeps on insisting that we try some more drinks.... the bar is overflowing with drinks.... Cat and Joan decided to have a bottle of Raspberry Vodka each... and being an altar boy that I am I asked for another glass of Iced tea :-) Joan can't finish her vodka anymore... and they were both complaining that they can't taste the alcohol as the drink just taste like some sweet juice. So I stared at Joan's 3/4's full of raspberry vodka bottle.... it looks pretty in pink... picked it up and gulped to the last drop... yeah it was sweet and icy cold...refreshing...ahhhhhhh
After a little while it was already quarter to nine in the evening and we have to go to Greenbelt Cinema upstairs for the screening of "No Reservations". I got up from my seat and Whoaaaaa!! I felt dizzzzzzzy... but I don't want to cause any commotion with my two lady friends... they will definitely tease me to no end if I told them that I am a bit dizzy...so I walked slowly and straight as I possibly can.... whew!!!!... and with lots of effort... I made it to my seat without anything embarrassing happening to me.

OK now with the business of the movie "No Reservations".... The movie started extremely well to my opinion... heart warming .... however...my only problem with this movie is when the extremely respectable actors like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart started acting like they were in a Kim Chiu -Gerald Anderson flick.... now that's a problem....I like the story and the actors were very adequate... It's just that when Catherine and Aaron's character are geting too cute and were like teenage lovers that makes me cringe in my seat. Abigail Breslin's character is the most consistent in my opinion...her character suited her age..and the child actor is deifinitely an actor to watch out for... a very good rival to Dakota Fanning. Minus the cutesie to the max it was still a good movie as a whole.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home