Monday, October 29, 2007

Barangay Election 07

I almost missed to take part in the latest elections. I decided to take a cat nap after lunch but ended snoozing for a full hour. My mom woke me up and she was saying something like we are going to miss the elections because the precints will close at 3pm. I jumped off my bed and immediately took a shower and in a jiffy I am spiffy :-D My mom's pretty excited with this whole Barangay elections business... she knows most of the people running for office. She has her favorites and the names of these annointed people were like a mantra that she chants to me and my brother for more than a month already! On our way to the school my mom was in her elements... greeting people... waving... and I have to tug her with more vigor lest we really miss to cast our vote.... my wristwatch shows that it is already 30 minutes past 2pm. The elementary school building housing the precints were teeming with people..mostly volunteers/poll watchers of the candidates. They were wearing either red, blue, green, and yellow shirts the colors of their respective candidates. The floor was dusty and littered with flyers and empty styrofoam containers that probably contained lunch of the volunteers. After a couple of minutes me and my mom casted our vote. We made a quick detour at Jollibee for some take out burgers and fries. We found my dad waiting for us at the porch and I wheeled him inside... we munched and mom amused my dad with her latest tales... after an hour my dad asked me to wheel him to their bedroom... my mom joined him and after a couple of minutes they were both sound asleep.



By the way I voted in favor of my kindergarten classmate and mommy approved Popoy for Barangay Captain :-) and he won...... Mabuhay si Kapitan Popoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home