Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Kitchen

Yesterday was the third time for the Monday Marauders to meet however because of the changes in her working schedule at a call center our friend Alma was not able to join us. Cathy texted me earlier if we are still pushing thru with the supposed date because aside from the fact that a fourth marauder is not available the weather is not actually good. Its been raining for a couple of days already and yesterday seems to be no different from the previous days. But because I still have to go to the metropolis anyway and return the CDs I borrowed from my former Quorum colleagues at Eastgate in Mandaluyong I told her that we should still push thru with our date. Besides, I don't want to have a rainy days on Mondays always gets me down moment.


So my first order for the afternoon is head to Eastgate and meet with my former IT colleagues. We met a week earlier to pay respect at the wake of my former boss' father and our former colleague Helen's wake. This time I will just return the music CDs I borrowed and engage in some small talk. I always enjoy getting in touch with my former colleagues...afterall I've spent almost 9 years? with them day in and day out. I love my former Quorum colleagues and I have a lot of respect for them they are not only an intelligent bunch of people they are also very hardworking. I went inside their 3rd floor office quarter past 4 in the afternoon. Jing said that she will treat us for dinner.... unfortunately I have to decline the offer because I have to meet the other Marauders. Time passed so quickly and before I knew it the time on the wallclock strikes 6pm and I have to bid them goodbye.

Unbelievable but my trip from Eastgate which I think is less than 1Km away from Galleria took one whopping hour! So as expected Cathy and Joan were already waiting for me at the restaurant.....

The first thing that I noticed was the water that they serve in this restaurant... they put it in a big bottle with mint leaves inside..The water tasted minty :-)



Joan's food was served first... a few minutes before I came....she did not touch her food and waited for me to arrive.... sweet.... Anyways the adobong pusit tasted great... you know this is the kind of food that I prefer home cooked... but amazingly they did a pretty good job... It somehow have a different taste. flavor, and texture to it.


Cathy don't want to have anything heavy hence she opted for a fried salmon dumpling? and ceasars salad. The salmon tasted great I had two pieces and the wrap was crunchy and the salmon was not overcooked. The salad have some twist though...not your typical ceasars salad...which Cathy did not like. I on the other hand liked the twist... I find the inclusion of pesto a welcome treat... something different.


I on the other hand had "Barbie's Cue" it was a skewer of pork, vegetables, shrimp, and sausage.. and it tasted great! very yummy!

Cathy and Joan did some shopping... so what else is new? They seem to be buying clothes every week...unbelievable... and expensive clothes at that... women.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home